Bring Your Own Mug!
According to a 2011 waste audit, almost 20% of the waste in Wilson Library is from disposable cups. In order to encourage the use of reusable mugs, Western Libraries and the Green Energy Fee Grant Program sponsored a student-design logo contest. We asked for designs suitable for a sticker that could be given away and placed on coffee mugs. We received some awesome entries, and the winning design was by Yahir Cantero, who received a gift card from the Western A.S. Bookstore for $50. Thanks to all who participated in the contest, and thanks to Yahir for your wonderful design!
For the Record: CONTEST DETAILS
- The design can use one or two colors, or be in black and white.
- It should be 3 by 3 inches.
- It can include words, graphics, or both.
- It needs to encourage the idea: “Bring your reusable mug to the library,” although those words don’t necessarily need to appear.
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win.
- Western students, faculty and staff are all invited to participate but only a student will win the prize.
- The Built-To-Last Picture Show Committee will select the winner.
- Other award categories may be added at the discretion of the judges.
- The Committee reserves the right to declare no winner.
- By submitting, the artists give the Libraries permission to show their designs in the Library and on the Libraries’ websites. Artists will be identified by their preferred names.
- The design must be submitted to Rob.Lopresti@wwu.edu by 5 PM on Earth Day, April 22, 2013 or at the Committee table at the Earth Day Celebration on campus on April 20, 2013.
- The winner will be announced on or before April 29, 2013.
- Entrant warrants and represents that the Submission
- is original and has been legally created;
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and
- has not been published or distributed previously in any media.
- Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to his/her Submission, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the recording and the performance contained therein.
- By uploading a Submission, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entrant's Submission.
- Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of the submission, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Submission or Entrant's Likeness or statements.
- Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnities"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the Entrant's Submission, or the Entrant's conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individuals right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.