Saturday, August 17, 2013

Your Western



Part of what makes "sustainability" such a huge component of our institutional identity here at Western is our collective commitment to integrating our own environment into the learning experience. We live in such an amazing place, it just makes sense that we take advantage of opportunities to experience learning outside of the classroom by exploring our connections to the world of which we are a part.

I had the pleasure of watching this video back in 2012 when it aired as part of the "Digital Media: The Future is N.O.W." event on campus. It's been over a year since I first saw it, but I remember being impressed by it back then, and so I decided I should share it with you now.

I think affirmations of institutional identity  can help  unite us in our efforts as we travel through this world, making important decisions together about how best to move forward and what it is we value. Videos like this, made by talented students who are able to articulate what Western is to them (and to us) are therefore very valuable, as well as fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment